Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Vogue 1314

Vogue 1314



Pattern Description:
Pullover, close-fitting, lined dress has draped sides and narrow hem.
Pattern Sizing:
(6-14) (14-22) This was a straight size 12 with no alterations!

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, I guess.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Instructions were excellent to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?


I liked the detailed instructions. I liked that there was a separate lining pattern with bust darts.
I disliked that the gathers were not as pronounced as I had hoped across the front. My fabric is super soft and stretchy, so that may be why.
 

Fabric Used:
It is a stretchy knit the contents of which I don't know, but it is butter soft and feels great on my skin. It was a clearance fabric from Joann's fabric. I liked it so much I bought some in blue for another dress.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, and yes. I plan on using a sturdier knit to try to get the gathered affect better. I live in Texas, so I think I will also make it in a sleeveless or  a ¾ sleeve version. This would work great as a maternity dress (not that I have any plans to need one!).

Conclusion:
I like the designer and I like this dress. I have been stretching my sewing skills by trying patterns that appear intimidating. This is an "easy" pattern, so in terms of difficulty, this does not fit the bill. It does stretch me in that it is not my usual style because it is so clingy. I am glad I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment