Monday, March 3, 2014

Chambray Tunic using Vogue 8595


I know it says something about me that I make clothes and end up not wearing them. I, like many creative people, enjoy the process and am always looking toward the next project. I was in my closet last week looking for something to wear and came across a tunic made using view B of Vogue 8595. I think I made it about three years ago and never wore or wrote a review about it before now.
                            
I am pretty sure I made it before becoming pregnant with my son. I could not wear it when pregnant and it does not allow easy nursing access, so I did not wear it before weaning him. 

I used a Ralph Lauren chambray sheet I had in my stash for fabric. I liked that the sheet had white twin needle stitches. I used them on the pockets and around the wrists of the sleeves. I made it before gaining and losing baby weight, so it is bigger than I would make now, but I think the size is still fine. Here are the photos of the completed tunic.


Vogue 8595

Pocket detail (sorry about the wrinkles, I was wearing it most of the day)

Wrist stitches from the sheet.
Photo bomb hugs from my son!
Here is my review of the pattern.
Pattern Description: Easy to sew loose-fitting pullover tunic top has front neckline slit, optional collar and patch pockets, and your choice of sleeves.

Pattern Sizing: 6-8-10-12 (I made a 12 when I made this between kids about 3 years ago. I will make the 8  when I make it again.)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? This is a Very Easy Vogue pattern and it lived up to its name.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked slanted patch pockets and the over-sized collar.

Fabric Used: A Ralph Lauren chambray sheet. I took advantage of white contrast twin stitches and positioned the wrist and pockets so they would show.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did not make any.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will sew this again. And recommend it to others. 


Conclusion: Quick and easy tunic.
 

Happy Sewing!
Bianca

1 comment: