This was so fun to make. I didn't know how this would turn out or how it would look on me. I was delightfully anxious as I was putting it together.
|Detail of the seams
Based on the bust measurement, I made the size small using a bright yellow linen from my stash. I made a mistake (I was distracted while watching Nurse Jackie) and cut the top of the shoulder seam to the XS. It however, made a marginal difference to the end result. The instructions are great on this simple dress. It is super important to transfer all of your markings carefully to be certain all the seams match up. Because of my choice of fabric, I had to take care in making sure I maintained the right and wrong side of the fabric. The difference is subtle, but I didn't want any of the many segments off.
I altered the collar slightly because of the cutting error I mentioned. The pattern suggests basting the center front together and sewing the circle of fabric to the neckline. I instead, pinned it to the neckline in a straight line letting it overlap where it would naturally. After sewing, I hand tacked the point of the collar in place rather than letting it fall. I also chose to omit the neckline facing. All of the interior seams are edge finished on the serger and I didn't think I needed the facing.
|Love this collar!
|Yes, yellow works.