Friday, October 21, 2016

My New Favorite Maxi Skirt in Ankara Wax Fabric

                        
I love a good maxi skirt! Don't you love a good maxi skirt? I especially love a African wax print maxi skirt. I have been on the hunt for a new pattern that was beyond the basic gathered skirt with a waistband, button and zipper. I had done it, liked it, but wanted to mix it up. My search brought me to The Lorelai Skirt by Cheryl of Paradiso Designs.


This Paradiso patterns are not like commercial patterns. You cut your size by calculating a formula using your measurements. Because of this, you can be make all sizes including plus sizes. The Lorelai skirt can be made 3 styles, maxi, midi & sport. The maxi length has 2 options, with or without a patchwork or contrast inset. You can choose to add pockets or not. 

Because this is not your typical pattern, you may be intimidated by the format of the instructions. My trick was to print them, choose my option and highlight my steps and illustrations. Once you identify your choice from the others, you will be able to follow the steps with no problem.

                          

This skirt feels really amazing! The wide elastic waistband is worn low on the hips and is close-fitting before widening at the gathered lower skirt.  

                                

The skirt back mimics the front skimming the body.

                        

The sides of the skirt feature super sexy yet, discrete slits up both sides. The placement reveals just enough leg and nothing more even with a gust of wind.

                             
  
I always feel confident wearing what I make. Taking a piece of fabric and transforming it into something wonderful is thrilling. The combination of cut of this unique pattern, my choice of bold fabric, and styling makes me feel particularly Badass! I have been on a duo making kick lately and plan to make another soon. If you want to feel Badass too, I suggest you get this pattern. You have to provide the big ass Afro, sunnies, attitude and 1960's filter yourself though.


                            

Side Note: I will be at the Quilt Market October 29-31  and the Quilt Festival  November 3-6, 2017. I will be helping with Paradiso Designs and The Tunic Bible (CT Publishing) as well as enjoying the show. If you see me, please come up and say hello.
  
                           



Happy Sewing,
Bianca

10 comments:

  1. WOW! That's all I need to say--WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'll need to buy it right now. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxanne! Let me know if you have any questions when you make it.

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous skirt in vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I can say....love love love....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adelaide! It really is a great skirt and I love it too!

      Delete
  5. Great write you have convinced me to buy the pattern. I'll share once I complete it.
    Dee @ Bust Waist Hips and Thighs www.bwhat.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it! Let me know if you have any questions once you start to make it! I would love to see it.

      Delete