Tuesday, July 31, 2018

On Newsstands Now!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! 

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you may have seen this and know how excited I am. My print publication debut can be seen in the Aug/Sept 2018 issue of Sew News magazine! In it, I give instructions on how to paint fabric with flour resist. I demonstrate the technique and used the fabric to make an Urbanista Hobo Bag (blue stripe with silver pleather bag) and a self-drafted bag with leather straps (grey and tan strap). 


I did not know what to expect with this publication process when it began. After the contract details were worked out, I was required to write the article and submit the finished pieces to the magazine. I was unaware of the the creative decisions that would be made or how the project would be presented. I am so delighted with the end result.  When you pick up your copy, let me know what you think. 

This will be one of many articles I will write for the magazine. If you don't have a subscription, be sure sign-up so you don't miss any of the great writing and featured patterns. 

Happy Sewing,
Bianca

13 comments:

  1. Oh fun! Congratulations! Must pick up a copy this week (or when it hits the stores)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s great news, Bianca! You are so creative, I know your articles will be well worth the read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    I'm so over-joyed our 1st Day of August to read your super great news,
    and will look to get my copy of Sew News soon!
    Wishing you a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bianca! That's so cool! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, congratulations! What an exciting opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am so excited! The interactions have been really good.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! That’s really exciting! I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That’s really amazing, I love it,thanks for sharing!!
    remove background shadow photoshop

    ReplyDelete