Tuesday, February 5, 2019

'Sup? From My "Sweet Baby Boy"


A couple of weeks ago, my Little Man had a free dress day at school. He could ignore the dress code and wear whatever he wanted. Without hesitation, of all the clothes in his closet, me-made or ready to wear, he chose a pinstripe blazer! It was the most natural looking thing for my suave guy.

The new "Sweet Baby Boy" fabric line by Riley Blake Designs is so adorable and made me nostalgic for the years gone. When I showed the designs to him and asked which he wanted, I expected the most playful designs for his staple of pajamas.  
 

He surprised me by choosing the most "grown-up" options with the stars motif to be made into a "man outfit." I offered to make a vest, set of suspenders and pants. He thought I was overdoing it and instead decided he wanted 


a bow-tie (Simplicity 1506)



that used both fabrics

   
 Pants with pockets for keeping important things (Mccalls 6222)


 with a bit of contrast fun inside



And some fancy pants with turned-up cuffs  



He is dressed for success in his new clothes and fully-equipped for making moves. 

My Little Man is the funniest person I know. He is one of the few people in the world who can genuinely surprise me. He is decisive, driven and smart as a whip. I am so grateful I to get to make clothes that he thinks will help him change the world. Any changes he makes will be for the better.

Happy Sewing,
Bianca

4 comments: