Thursday, July 22, 2021

Magnificently Marbled Knit Dress

 


It's no secret that I love bold prints and all the colors. Today, I bring you my newest make, a dress featuring stretch cotton jersey knit fabric by EttaVee for Riley Blake Designs. 


This fabric has a smooth hand and about a 50% four way stretch for added comfort and ease. This digitally-printed fabric features a multicolored, marbled swirl of colors. I chose the cream colorway of the four available offerings. 

I wanted a simple pattern to showcase the fabric so I chose Simplicity 9010. I love the batwing sleeve and draped open back.



The pattern is drafted for woven fabrics. To compensate for the stretch and weight of the fabric, I sized down and added the optional back ties.


There are no dart or seams for shaping in this dress. That adds to its versatility because it can also be worn with the drape in the back or front. 


The ties are tucked and the deep overlap is pinned for modesty.



This switch allows for full coverage at the back.


This is a fast and easy dress to make in this luscious fabric. It is as comfortable as a t-shirt, but with some added glam. I love it.

Happy Sewing,

Bianca

6 comments:

  1. Incredible. What a wonderful eye you have for fabric and patterns that flatter your figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! A busy print and stretch fabric and hide a lot! 😂

      Delete
  2. You look absolutely stunning! Beautiful design and fabric choice! What a talent you have, you truly are blessed. Thanks so much for sharing your work, and for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to say that. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. That is some fabulous fabric! And the dress!!!! OMyGosh! LOVE IT!!!! I am not a garment sewer but this makes me want to give it a try. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Dive into garment sewing it's lots of fun!

      Delete