Friday, August 20, 2021

You Play Too Much!

 

My love for dyed or dyed look fabric continues this summer. Today, I am featuring this organic woven Denim wash fabric from Nature's Fabric. I love the mottled variations in the blues of this print. I also love that I didn't have to spend time creating the final result.


My day-to-day life during this pandemic requires simple, easy and comfortable clothing. When this fabric arrived, I knew I wanted to make something practical and fun. Little Miss saw the fabric pinned to my dress form and said it absolutely screamed a jumpsuit! I was immediately excited because I love jumpsuits, have many jumpsuit patterns, but thought I had too many. I am learning that when my pre-teen(with all the opinions) cosigns an outfit, it must be a good idea.

I hit my stash and found McCalls 7936.

I chose t make view D in size medium with the side seam pockets and the fabric belt. I extended the length of the belt by about 12". I wanted to have the option of tying it once or wrapping it obi style around the front then back.


There is no shaping to this jumpsuit so the belt helps pull in the excess fabric at the back.

This is a fast and easy project to make, the most challenging element for a newbie is the front zipper.


In this fabric, for casual styling, I sewed it without significant modification. 


When I make it again, I will make it longer, omit the belt and add back darts to pull in the silhouette.  


This will be heavy in the rotation in the coming months. It is relaxed and the cotton is perfect in this Texas heat.



Happy Sewing,
Bianca

4 comments:

  1. Your reviews always make me happy! I have this pattern and it seems that upcoming fall might be a good reason to make it up in a pinwale corduroy I have in my stash. Perhaps a long sleeve light weight tee underneath for warmth in winter. Yours is fun and as always you model your makes beautifully. Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Loretta! This would be a great Fall staple, perfect for layering. If using corduroy, I suggest a lightweight cotton and light interfacing on the neckline facing. Otherwise, I think it may gape.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Bianca for this post. I’ve had this pattern for a little while and was concerned about the sizing. My bust is between sizes and as a new sewist, I was having difficulties adjusting the pattern. I like your suggestion about the darts. I’ll give this a try and see how it comes 😀 I love the way this looks on you. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Tanya! I wish you luck with your version!

      Delete