Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Romper for Little Man Using Simplicity 7616


It is summertime in the great state of Texas. Actually, it feels like it has been summer for the last two months. This fact makes my making rompers for Little Man woefully delayed. I hunted my stash for a pattern that would do justice to his adorableness. I found this easy romper in my pattern cabinet and decided to  challenge my nemesis, the buttonhole.




As per usual, when making this garment, my buttonhole making went screwy and it made a wonky first button. I don't know what does wrong in consecutive buttonhole making, but today, by machine thought two were enough. The third didn't work out, but it is at the top, so I made it work.

Here is my review and the photos of the finished garment worn by Mr. Man.

Pattern Description:
Baby romper and dress I made the romper.


Pattern Sizing:
Size A 1/2, 1, 2, 3


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, except I made it without the pockets.


Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very easy, I barely used them.

 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?                                    I liked that the pattern was simple and fast to put together.
 
Fabric Used:
A cottons seersucker with a boat motif.


Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I omitted the pockets, but besides that, nothing else.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and Yes! I plan to remake it re-purposing a dress shirt.


Conclusion: Great pattern, easy to sew, great results!


Ready for summer!


Strike a pose!
 Happy Sewing!

2 comments: