Thursday, January 16, 2020

Dream Weaver Dress




I generally, without a doubt, reside in a 1970s retro vibe with a modern twist. I love the colors, the fabrics and the patterns. So when I saw the Dream Weaver collection by Material Girl quilts, I knew what I had to do! Put on the song  by the same name by Gary Wright (psst, go listen then come right back), and hit my stash to find a pattern to play with these fun prints.


I chose to use the Diamonds design in the peach colorway.


                        

I found it was perfect to pair with this vintage Simplicity 6392 dress pattern from my stash.


I was drawn to the pleated maxi skirt and simple back detail. 


I love it but made a few modifications. The pattern calls for patch pockets but, I didn't want to interrupt this beautiful print.  I inserted them in the side seams instead. The waistline on the pattern had generous ease and was looser than I liked. I reduced the ease by creating a casing and inserting 1/4in elastic into it. This pulled in the fullness.


 I also opted to keep the bodice on grain for visual continuity.


It wears well on it's own or dressed down with a bit of denim.


 Dream big friends!


Happy Sewing,
Bianca











10 comments:

  1. So gorgeous!! Love it paired with the denim jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! So happy to do your wonderful fabric justice!

      Delete
  2. This is lovely! I can understand changing the pockets but I love those big pockets on the front of the pattern. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I was drawn to this pattern for the pockets when I got it years ago! I will definitely remake this with th
      ose pockets because they do rock!

      Delete
  3. I love that dress! Definitely my style and that sweet, gentle fabric is perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! Yes I definitely see you in this! Come sew with me!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete