Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Holiday Time is the Perfect Time for Cozy Sparkle

I am so happy it is Winter holiday time! We have been teaching our third and sixth graders  virtually while we work from home since the start of the pandemic. We did not opt for the on-campus learning option for our school district thinking it was the safer choice. Throughout the semester, there have been weekly notifications of new Covid-19 cases among students and staff in both of their schools. It is unfortunate, but reinforced our decision to teach them at home. We are grateful for the opportunity to have them at home and keep them kids safe. That being said, since Spring, it has been a lot! 

We are all at home on Christmas vacation relishing the opportunity to spend good time together. We are enjoying holiday fun, activities and relaxing. For me, relaxing self-care includes taking advantage of every opportunity to sleep in. I love a cute pair of pajama shorts and needed to make a few new pair. This wonderful Sparkle Basics from Riley Blake was a perfect opportunity to come up with a new sleep ensemble.


I chose the Drawstring Lounge Shorts from the Sew Quick + Easy pattern collection I edited for Sew News. It is a fast and easy pattern with an elastic waist and drawstring casing. It is perfect for beginners but also great for a quick and easy project for someone with more advanced skills.


I whipped up a pair in the Text Rose Gold  and the Small Stripe Rose Gold prints. I layered both fabrics for fast and easy batch cutting and sewing. I was delighted to see how the fabric matched my Strong Women Pattern Weights.


I topped them both with ready to wear tops already in my wardrobe. I added a cute pocket to the tank top version and left the V-neck, as is.


I added a cute self-drafted sleep mask to trick my body and kids, into maybe, one more hour of sleep.


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I hope you find time to rest, recharge and relax in a way that brings you joy and peace.
Bianca



No comments:

Post a Comment