Thursday, December 3, 2020

Liberty Florence Palazzo Pant Suit in Solstice

 
If you have been here before, you know I love a bold print and love to use them in fabulous maxi dresses. Dresses for me are an easy go-to choice for no-fuss dressing. They are usually my default choice when deciding what to sew. When I deviate to separates, it is usually toward pants with my favorite style being the wide-leg variety. 

I discovered Austin-based Morris Textiles at QuiltCon in March. I was delighted to find a relatively local source for Liberty of London fabrics and patterns. The Liberty Florence Palazzo Pant Suit immediately excited me and was added to my sewing queue.

View B, with the long sleeve wrap top and yoked wide-leg pants was just my style.   

I had plans to make this set with an upcoming Liberty  of London print. While I waited for it's release, Leisa shared the new Sally Kelly Fabrics that she was stocking. The prints in the new collection are fabulous and I knew I wanted to use one of them for this project.


 I chose the Prince Paisley lightweight canvas from the Solstice line.




The first time I made a Liberty of London pattern was the Beatrix dress I made earlier this year. The construction of that dress was straight forward and the sizing corresponded to that of commercial patterns. I found that to be true for this pattern as well. I made the wrap top straight except where I doubled the length of the ties because I thought they were too short. If I make it again, I will lengthen the bodice for a bit more coverage at the waistline.


I made the pants with no modifications. I love the fit, length and fact that they have side seam pockets. This pattern will be making an appearance again; I think this is my new go-to pants pattern.


I love this set. I am however, on the fence about whether wearing both pieces together is too much of a good thing. I like that it is separates so I can mix and match each for a more subdued ensemble. 


I found very few projects made using this pattern on social media or review sites. I think in part due to the fact that the pattern is not size inclusive. The largest bust measurement for this is 44in. and the widest hip measurement is 46in. If you need to make fit adjustments, the simple lines of each makes it a good candidate.


I am glad I waited on this fabric for this pattern. It is just the look and feel I was hoping to achieve.

Happy Sewing,
Bianca

5 comments:

  1. I Love the outfit on You and the colors are TDF. Enjoy December. . .

    www.madamtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for these notes and images. (Your Instagram feed is so joyful and inspiring, as well!) I fell for the suit pattern, but am on the fence about the fabric. I'm worried that a Tana Lawn will be too wispy; were you happy with the canvas weight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your following along on this creative journey. I love the canvas weight for this pattern. It maintains its structure very well. I think the Tana Lawn will be too lightweight. I used it for the Liberty Beatrice dress and it was perfect for that because it was nice and flowy. Best on your project!

      Delete