Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cynthia Rowley Shorts Simplicity 2192


I am pattern busting again and this time I have ventured into the realm of shorts. I am very particular about the shorts I wear. I have bony calves, so I have to choose shorts with details that attract the eyes to the shorts and not my skinny legs :). The shorts in Simplicity  2192 have enough interest to attract my attention. They overlap at the sides and have front ties and an invisible zipper. They are cute little details that jazz up what could be ordinary shorts. I even like the top and skirt pictured and hope to make them too.



I had a black fabric that I bought at a thrift store. It has a touch of stretch and appears to have a wrinkle resistant treatment. So I made the shorts and here are a few pictures:
Front with ties

Side overlaps




Back overlay

I do not like these shorts! I do not think they are flattering. What attracted me about this pattern, are the details I hate in the actual shorts! I don't like the front ties or the front zipper. I like the look of the sides, but I feel like I have to pull on them to keep them closed when I sit down. My husband likes them; he says they look french. I will likely not wear these.

Here is my review of this pattern:

Pattern Description: Misses' Sportswear. Cynthia Rowley Collection
Misses' top in two lengths, mini skirt and shorts, Cynthia Rowley Collection.

Pattern Sizing:4-12, 14-22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, the instructions are pretty clear and easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the look of the side overlay. See below for dislikes.

Fabric Used: Cotton Poly blend


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't make any.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I may make the skirt, but not the shorts again. I don't like the look of them; I am not sure what it is.
I do not think they are flattering. I don't like the front ties or the front zipper. I like the look of the sides, but I feel like I have to pull on them to keep them closed when I sit down. My husband likes them; he says they look french. I will likely not wear these. For the effort these took to make, they feel cheap... Maybe it is the ties near the crotch... Just not my style.

Conclusion: If you love the pants make them, but if you are on the fence, I say pass.


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment